Best Supplements for Knees
best supplements for knee pain
How to Choose the Best Knee Joint Supplement?
They are extremely popular– in a search in the biggest marketplace online, these are some of Amazon’s top sellers with high reviews
Well known reputable brands
Diversity and quality of ingredients, and overall value
Best Joint Supplement for Knee Pain
Introduction–Problem Knees and Common Solutions
Causes of Joint Pain
Numerous Diseases Cause Joint Pain
Infectious arthritis (caused by bacteria, virus, or fungi)
Osteoarthritis (degenerative joint disease)
Taking Supplements to Ease Joint Pain
Topical treatments and steroid injections
Joint supplements vs. Oral Medications, Topical Ointments, Injections
Joint Regen Review
Joint Regen is an innovative and revolutionary product from A.S. Research. Comprised of natural ingredients and additional cutting-edge compounds, Joint Regen is a supplement that combats joint pain by promoting joint repair and regeneration. With thirteen ingredients, Joint Regen has over twice the amount of heal-friendly ingredients compared to other competing supplements.
Daily Serving: 4 capsules / day–2 capsules twice a day
Serving Size: 2 capsules
- Glucosamine Sulfate HCL (1000mg)
- Shark Cartilage (750 mg)
- Chondroitin Sulfate (500 mg)
- Cetyl Myristoleate (300 mg)
- Methylsulfonylmethane (300 mg)
- Boswellia serrata Extract (90 mg)
- Boron (9 mg)
- Piperine (5mg)
- Vitamin C (400 mg)
- Zinc (600 mcg)
- Manganese (2 mg)
- Copper (400 mcg)
- Chromium (20 mcg)
Many of these ingredients are known to contribute to the repair, regeneration, and maintenance of joints. In addition, the Joint Regen capsules also contain essential vitamins and nutrients for added health benefits.
Treating different Aspects of Joint Healing
Each of the ingredients in Joint Regen contributes to a different part of the joint healing process, and as a whole, they offer total joint regeneration that gets to the root of joint pain.
- Glucosamine Sulfate HCL—A naturally occurring compound found in the human body. On its own, glucosamine is considered a building block for cartilage and is essential to preventing further breakdown. Glucosamine helps with water retention in cartilage and lubricates the joints. Sulfate is a key ingredient for the body to produce cartilage. Combined into a singular compound, Glucosamine sulfate HCL is a key component in the growth, repair, and continued maintenance of joint cartilage.
- Shark Cartilage—Just like the name indicates, this ingredient is derived from sharks. Shark cartilage is used in various treatments, from Kaposi’s sarcoma cancer, to psoriasis, retinal damage due to diabetes, and arthritis. Taken as a supplement, it facilitates the repair and growth of new cartilage. Actually, cartilage also already contains glucosamine and chondroitin, so shark cartilage acts as a glucosamine chondroitin supplement that enhances the benefits of the other ingredients.
- Chondroitin Sulfate—Another naturally occurring ingredient found in the human body and other animal cartilage, this compound has anti-inflammatory properties, improves joint function, reduces pain, and slows the progression of joint degeneration. Research has shown that Chondroitin sulfate changes the structure of collagen and enhances its shock-absorbing effects. In addition, Chondroitin sulfate also furthers cartilaginous water retention and blocks the enzymes that lead to cartilage degeneration. When used in conjunction with Glucosamine sulfate, it is believed to reverse the loss of cartilage.
- Cetyl Myristoleate (CMO)—Although this is a chemical compound, it is the synthetic form of the naturally occurring Myristoleic acid. It lubricates both muscles and joints, which in turn reduces soreness. Moreover, it also purportedly can fight off infections and boost the immune system.
- Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)—A natural compound found in plants, animals, and humans, MSM has important anti-inflammatory properties. People with various forms of arthritis, musculoskeletal pain, and other conditions often take MSM either in pill form or as a topical treatment. MSM also reduces pain and boosts immune functions.
- Boswellia Serrata extract—The active components of this extract contain anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. They also prevent cartilage loss.
- Boron—Considered an essential nutrient for bone and joint health, boron is necessary for the repair and regeneration of joint cartilage. It facilitates calcium absorption, which in turn leads to stronger bones and denser joint cartilage.
- Piperine—The active component in black pepper, piperine powder has anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic properties. By reducing inflammation, piperine also reduces soreness around the joints.
- Vitamin C—A powerful antioxidant, this vitamin performs several essential functions that combat joint pains. Studies have shown it acts as an anti-inflammatory and protects against infection. Both inflammation and infection are strongly linked to rheumatoid arthritis. Plus, Vitamin C is crucial for the synthesis of collagen, which is the main component of joint tissue.
- Zinc—This mineral facilitates several processes in the body, including cell reproduction, wound healing, and tissue growth.
- Manganese—A mineral found to play an important part in many of the body’s chemical processes, a deficiency in manganese levels has been shown to lead to joint pain. Manganese is an anti-inflammatory, that along with glucosamine sulfate and chondroitin sulfate, is recommended for arthritis treatment.
- Copper—Although this mineral is essential for numerous bodily processes, it is not naturally produced by the body but must be ingested through certain foods or supplements. Copper is responsible for maintaining cell health in nearly all the body’s tissues, making it a significant factor in reducing joint pain and treating arthritis.
- Chromium—This mineral fulfills a few roles pertaining to energy production from foods, maintaining brain functions, and breaking down insulin. While it doesn’t contribute directly to joint repair, its role in breaking down insulin is important because people who have been diagnosed with diabetes are twice as likely to be inflicted by arthritis. Diabetes can lead to issues such as stiffness and pain in the joints, carpal tunnel, and other pains throughout the body. So controlling blood sugar levels can curb the painful effects of insulin imbalance.
- Anti-inflammatory and/or Pain Reliever = Chondroitin sulfate + MSM + Boswellia + piperine powder + Vitamin C + Manganese + Copper + Chromium = 1297.42 mg
- Joint Lubrication, Repair, and Regeneration = Glucosamine sulfate + shark cartilage + CMO + boron + Vitamin C + Zinc = 2459.9 mg
As with any of the joint supplements, Joint Regen has both pros and cons that must be carefully considered.
- Packed with 13 ingredients for total joint repair and regeneration
- Outperforms competitors by supporting comprehensive joint health and repair
- Contains the “big 3” in combatting joint pain: shark cartilage, glucosamine sulfate, and chondroitin sulfate
- Use of cutting-edge compound CMO
- Natural supplements—no pharmaceuticals!
- Long-term joint pain relief
- Affordable at barely over 1 dollar/day
- Does not provide instant joint pain relief
- Requires taking 4 capsules daily
As the comparison shows, the pros of Joint Regen far outweigh the cons, making it one of the best joint supplements for knees, shoulders, hips and other areas. Furthermore, the many advantages of Joint Regen make it a preferable product compared to other competing joint supplements. After all, many readers might find themselves comparing the benefits of shark cartilage vs glucosamine chondroitin, but with Joint Regen, all those ingredients are included, allowing users to reap the benefits that each has to offer!
Also, note that Joint Regen is sold through Clickbank. The other supplements review here are sold on Amazon.
The inclusion of Cetyl myristoleate (CMO) also boosts Joint Regen into a tier all its own. Although CMO was pioneered by Dr. Harry Diehl over forty years ago, the health benefits of cetyl myristoleate for humans was not actively researched until recent years. The reason Dr. Diehl’s discovery is so remarkable is that he found that Swiss mice cannot get arthritis because of the presence of Myristoleic acid in their blood.
Using that knowledge, he created a lab-produced compound, CMO, that could combat arthritis and potentially prevent its manifestation altogether. Thus, the inclusion of CMO along with numerous other naturally occurring compounds and minerals makes Joint Regen one of the best natural anti-inflammatory supplements.Get the Details on Joint Regen by Clicking Here
Turmeric–Spice as Medicine?
In comparison to other popular joint supplements, it’s true that Joint Regen lacks one common ingredient: turmeric. Turmeric, a spice used in curries, has anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce joint pain. Many joint supplements that contain this ingredient are overpriced!
Specifically, many people don’t realize that turmeric is available for purchase in-bulk through online retailers or at Asian markets at 1/10 of the price that it is sold for as brand names, such as McCormick in grocery stores. Purchased as a ‘medicine’ in food supplements, you pay for someone to put into a capsule, what you can simple apply with a teaspoon!
For readers who want to take in the additional benefits of turmeric along with their daily doses of Joint Regen, turmeric is best and most affordably purchased in bulk, as a spice, in our opinion.
In conclusion, at only a little over one dollar per day, Joint Regen is a very affordable method of joint repair. Buying a 3 or 6 months supply at once brings the cost down even further.
The disadvantages to taking Joint Regen are minimal. While the downside of Joint Regen is that it does not provide instant pain relief, the main objective of the supplement is to provide joint repair and regeneration to get to the root of the problems that cause joint pain. By rebuilding knee cartilage and joint tissue, along with the anti inflammatory, Boswellia, the body can enhance the amount of cartilage between bones and prevent them from rubbing together, which is what causes joint pain in the first place.
The other possibly annoying downside to taking Joint Regen is that it requires taking 4 capsules—two capsules, twice daily—which might become a hindrance for some users who are likely to forget to take them or who don’t like taking pills. Aside from these disadvantages, Joint Regen is one of the best supplements for knee cartilage repair.
Based on our research and ingredients analysis, Joint Regen is the best and most comprehensive natural supplement for joint cartilage repair. A detailed discussion can be found at the AS Research website.
Other Products Compared to Joint Regen
We’ve also reviewed 8 other joint supplements all of which are well regarded. However, as the reviews and analysis will demonstrate, Joint Regen comes out as the best joint supplement for repair, regeneration, efficacy, and affordability. And compared to most other supplements for joints, the addition of CMO to the formula makes it a more cutting-edge supplement with vast benefits for joint repair and regeneration. To get the full details, read the reviews to see for yourself!
Jointlax[/easyazon_link] is a great natural supplement that is fairly comparable to Joint Regen. Without any hormones, preservatives, or coloring, it is a good option for those who prefer joint supplements that make use of nature’s gifts. Besides that, the numerous ingredients in Jointlax are especially geared towards anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties, so it is one of the better joint pain supplements.
Compared to Joint Regen, however, Joint Lax actually contains less in milligrams of anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving ingredients. Jointlax also focuses less on joint cartilage regeneration and repair, which are crucial factors that contribute to long-term joint health and joint pain relief. Despite having less in total mass for joint health effects, Jointlax is also more expensive than Joint Regen.
Vimerson Health Glucosamine Chondroitin Turmeric & MSM
- 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE - Get rid of the discomfort of joint pain & inflammation, or your money back!
- VIMERSON HEALTH ULTRA FLEX JOINT SUPPORT is a complete dietary supplement for the joints. It may help build cartilage, boost joint mobility, increase joint flexibility, support joint structure, protect joint tissue and reduce inflammation.* Our product can ease the pain and discomforts that come with age, weight or athletic deterioration of the joints in the body.*
- POWERFUL JOINT PAIN RELIEF - Our Joint Health Formula is designed for anyone who has joint pain, joint stress or experiences joint stiffness.* The powerful nutrients in our formula may help to maintain joint flexibility.* Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Turmeric, MSM, Boswellia, Quercetin, Methionine and Bromelain are compounds that promote greater joint health, pain relief, range of motion and comfort.* This effective Joint Complex works for Men Women and Seniors
- ALL NATURAL & NON-GMO - Gluten free, dairy free, soy free, no hormones, no antibiotics, no preservatives, no yeast, no soy, no sugar, no cholesterol, no artificial colors/flavors, no binders.
- COMMON NAMES: There are many different ways people try and spell or pronounce Glucosamine and Chondroitin. Here are some common mis-spellings: glicosamina glucosamina glucosimine chondriton condroitan guclosamine glocosamin gucosamine glucoamine cosamine glucousimine glocosamina glucosamin gloucosamin glucosomine chondroitina condroitin condroitina chrondroitin condrotin chodroitin chondrotine chondroition condroiten chondoitin chondroitan condroiton chondritin chondroiton
Serving Size: 3 capsules
- Glucosamine Sulfate (1500 mg)
- Boswellia Extract (200 mg)
- Chondroitin Sulfate (150 mg)
- Turmeric (150 mg)
- Quercetin (25 mg)—anti-inflammatory and pain reliever
- Methionine (25 mg)—to facilitate Sulphur production for cartilage building
- Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM, 25 mg)
- Bromelain (25 mg)
- Anti-inflammatory and/or Pain Reliever = boswellia + chondroitin sulfate + turmeric + quercetin + MSM + bromelain = 575 mg
- Joint Lubrication, Repair, and Regeneration = glucosamine sulfate + methionine = 1525 mg
- Supports joint repair and regeneration
- Provides pain relief
- Reduces inflammation
- Less pain-relieving impact compared to other supplements
- Only 2 joint repairing ingredients
The Vimerson Health glucosamine chondroitin supplement is commendable for covering the basics of joint health. The combination of glucosamine sulfate, boswellia, chondroitin sulfate, MSM, and bromelain (which Joint Regen does not have) means it has similar anti-inflammatory, pain-relieving, and joint repairing and regenerating effects to Joint Regen.
It provides 6 ingredients that are beneficial for joints, plus turmeric, the spice, and a small amount of bromelain, which comes from pineapple. It does not include vitamins and minerals beneficial for joint health. As for turmeric and bromelain, why not purchase them as foods, at much lower prices, since both add flavor and joy to your cooking? We can say, of course, that a good diet will have all the vitamins and minerals we need. But we may need more than the ‘socalled’ Minimum Daily Requirement. Overall, a good product.
Doctor’s Best Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM
- Doctor's Best Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM featuring OptiMSM supports joint structure, function and comfort
- A potent combination of three proven, purified ingredients that help build the cushy cartilage that serves as a shock absorber for your joints
- Each serving provides 1500 mg of glucosamine sulfate, 1200 mg of chondroitin sulfate, and 1000 mg of MSM (Serving Size 4 Capsules)
- Non-GMO and Gluten Free
Daily Serving: 4 capsules
Serving Size: 4 capsules
- Glucosamine Sulfate 2KCL (1500 mg)
- Chondroitin Sulfate (1200 mg)
- MSM (1000 mg)
- Anti-inflammatory and/or Pain Reliever = chondroitin sulfate + MSM = 2200
- Joint Lubrication, Repair, and Regeneration = glucosamine sulfate = 1500 mg
- Contains 2 of 3 ingredients essential for joint health and repair
- Very cheap price
- Very few additional health benefits
- Contains shellfish (crab, shrimp, lobster, crayfish)
The Doctor’s Best supplement for joints does a decent job of including major ingredients that are known to contribute to joint health and ease joint pain. Glucosamine sulfate and Chondroitin sulfate are often taken together to enhance the benefits they have for joint health, and the Doctor’s Best formula makes use of that powerful combination while also including MSM for its anti-inflammatory properties.
The Doctor’s Best formula, however, would benefit from the addition of other vitamins and minerals that contribute to both joint and overall health. Certain forms of joint disease, such as rheumatoid arthritis, are a result of the body’s immune system attacking its own tissues, and an infection in the joints may trigger other forms of infectious arthritis.
Therefore, the connection between arthritis and the immune system means it is important that joint health supplements also have benefits for overall health, which the Doctor’s Best formula fails to do.
The other downside is that theDoctor’s Best formula contains apparently 4 different types of shellfish. The shellfish is probably the source for the Glucosamine sulfate, which is often derived from shellfish in various supplements. However, it’s not clear how much shellfish is used and why 4 different types are included.
Move Free Advanced Plus MSM and Vitamin D3
- Supports 5 signs of joint health: Mobility, Flexibility, Strength, Lubrication, and Comfort
- 2 easy to swallow coated tablets are smaller tablets than standard Glucosamine and Chondroitin pills
- Contains mineral complex Uniflex, clinically tested to support joint comfort in as little as 2 weeks
- Glucosamine and Chondroitin are key in the formation of cartilage to support flexibility and cushioning of your joints
- MSM is important in the formation of collagen, and Hyaluronic Acid supports joint lubrication
Daily Serving: 2 tablets / day
Serving Size: 2 tablets
- Glucosamine Hydrochloride (1500 mg)
- MSM (750 mg)
- Uniflex (calcium fructoborate, 216 mg)—cartilage repair
- Chondroitin Sulfate (200 mg)
- Hyaluronic Acid (3.3 mg)
- Vitamin D3 (2000 IU)—for calcium absorption and regulation
- Anti-inflammatory and/or Pain Reliever = MSM + chondroitin sulfate = 950 mg
- Joint Lubrication, Repair, and Regeneration = glucosamine sulfate + Uniflex + hyaluronic acid + Vitamin D3 = 1719.3 mg + 2000 IU of Vitamin D3
- Promotes joint health and repair
- Addition of Vitamin D3
- Mild joint discomfort relief
- Vitamin D3 but no calcium
- Not as strong in positive effect as Joint Regen
Move Free’s special joint supplements offer a solid path to recovering joint health. Like many joint pain supplements, Move Free’s tablets includes the double combo of Glucosamine HCL and Chondroitin sulfate, which facilitate joint repair and regeneration and relieve joint pain.
It also contains a small amount of Hyaluronic acid for improving joint lubrication. The patented Uniflex formula is just the company’s brand of calcium fructoborate, which is a synthetic version of the mineral Boron. Like Boron, calcium fructoborate facilitates calcium absorption, which creates denser bones and joint cartilage.
Move Free’s tablets also include vitamin D3, which is another benefit. Studies have shown that women who have high levels of vitamin D3 are less likely to develop rheumatoid arthritis compared to women with lower levels of vitamin D3. The role that vitamin D3 plays in connection to preventing arthritis is still unclear.
The benefits of vitamin D3 are likely related to the significant role it plays in calcium absorption, which is necessary for both strong bones and dense cartilage.
GNC Tri-Flex Complete Vitapak Supplement
- Comprehensive program with with clinically proven ingredients
- Supports improved joint comfort, flexibility and function, and the body's natural anti-inflammatory response*
- Comfort, Funcation & Flexibility Support - Features A Blend Of Natural Plant Extracts That Is Clinically Shown To Provide A 30% Improvement In Flexibility And 19% Improvement In Joint Function In As Few As 30 Days.Plus It Contains Levagen?, Which Is Clinically Studied To Support The Body's Natural Anti-Inflammatory Response.Also Includes Turmeric.
- Triple Strength Epa 1000 - Contains 1000 Mg Of Epa, Which Is The Superior Omega-3 To Support The Body's Natural Anti-Inflammatory Response And Overall Joint Health.
- Triflex - Has The Full, Clinical-Strength Doses Of Both Glucosamine And Chondroitin To Support Joint Mobility And Flexibility.Also Contains Msm And Hyaluronic Acid.
Daily Serving: 8 tablets
Serving Size: varies—see below
Tri-Flex Fast-Acting Ingredients: serving size, 4 tablets
- Glucosamine HCL (1500 mg)
- Chondroitin Sulfate (1200 mg)
- MSM (250 mg)
- Fast-Acting Proprietary blend (Cutch Tree Wood and Bark Extract + Chinese Skullcap Root Extract, 250 mg)—anti-inflammatory and joint pain relieving
- Hyaluronic Acid (5 mg)
- Vitamin C (30 mg)
MSM Ingredients: serving size, 1 tablet
- MSM (1500 mg)
Triple Strength Fish Oil Ingredients: serving size, 1 gel capsule
- EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid, Omega-3, 540 mg)—supports anti-inflammatory drugs and curbs joint stiffness and pain
- DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid, Omega-3, 360 mg)—supports anti-inflammatory drugs and curbs joint stiffness and pain
White Willow Bark Ingredients: serving size, 2 tablets
- White Willow Bark (800 mg)—pain relieving and anti-inflammatory salicin
- Anti-inflammatory and/or Pain Reliever = chondroitin sulfate + MSM + Fast-acting proprietary blend + Vitamin C + EPA + DHA + white willow bark = 4930 mg
- Joint Lubrication, Repair, and Regeneration = glucosamine sulfate + hyaluronic acid + vitamin C = 1535 mg
- Powerful anti-inflammatory effects
- Significant pain-relieving ingredients
- Promotes joint health
- Contains Chinese skullcap root—possibly damages liver
- Requires taking 8 pills in one day
The GNC Tri-Flex Vitapak joint health supplements contain a medley of tablets in each daily packet to promote overall joint health and pain relief. Its most powerful effects are the anti-inflammatory and pain-reducing impact offered by each supplement package.
Aside from the hassle of taking 8 tablets every day, users should also be wary of one of the ingredients in the Tri-Flex package: Chinese Skullcap root extract. Although the root is known for having potent anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects, research has shown that it is also potentially hazardous and can lead to drug-induced liver damage.
Studies done on the effects of Move Free’s joint health supplements showed the liver-damaging effects, and it is worth noting that the Move Free supplement reviewed above no longer contains Chinese skullcap in the formula. The result, unfortunately, is that the tablets that contain the most joint-repairing ingredients are the ones that contain the Chinese Root extract, so there is no way to take the good without the potentially bad.
Source Naturals Hyaluronic Joint Complex
- Glucosamine is an amino sugar and forms the building blocks of important molecules called glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), also called proteoglycans.
- Hyaluronic acid is also found in the joints, where it keeps the space between your bones well lubricated.
- Chondroitin sulfate is one of the critical compounds in connective tissue and is responsible for building and supporting joint cartilage.
- Benefits of using Hyaluronic Acid including firming aging skin, reducing achy joints, moisturizing wounds and rewetting dry eyes.
- Aside from lowering the appearance of wrinkles and dryness, Hyaluronic Acid is beneficial for treating cold sores and mouth sores, ulcers, wounds, bites and burns due to how it keeps damaged tissue moist.
Daily Serving: 2 tablets
Serving Size: 2 tablets
- BioCell Collagen (1 g)
- Hyaluronic Acid (100 mg)
- Glucosamine (750 mg)
- Chondroitin Sulfate (600 mg)
- MSM (450 mg)
- Vitamin C (20 mg)
- Manganese (5 mg)
- Anti-inflammatory and/or Pain Reliever = Chondroitin sulfate + MSM + Vitamin C + Manganese = 1070 mg
- Joint Lubrication, Repair, and Regeneration = BioCell Collagen + hyaluronic acid + glucosamine sulfate + Vitamin C = 1870 mg
- Boosts joint health, repair, and regeneration
- Balance of anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving ingredients
- Does not contain yeast, dairy, egg, gluten, corn, soy, wheat, sugar, starch, preservatives, or artificial color, flavor or fragrance
- Lower amounts of glucosamine + chondroitin sulfate compared to other supplements
- Main benefit seems to be patented BioCell Collagen formula
The main focus with the Source Naturals formula appears to be joint lubrication. This seems reasonable since joint pain is caused by the bones rubbing together, so lubricating the joints should lead to less bone friction and less pain. Their patented BioCell Collagen formula is an enhanced form of hyaluronic acid, which helps to lubricate the joints. The BioCell Collagen formula, however, takes hyaluronic acid and combines it with chondroitin sulfate and Collagen Type II peptides for added joint repair benefits.
The Source Naturals formula has lower amounts of the glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate combo compared to other competing joint pain supplements. Because so much of the formula is devoted to including the BioCell Collagen formula, which is 1000 mg of the daily serving, there seems to be little room for other vitamins for joints. Compared to Joint Regen, the Source Naturals formula has less impact in measured mg when it comes to reducing inflammation and pain and repairing joint health.
GNC Herbal Plus Boswellia Extract
- Supports Joint Health
- Vegetarian Standardized Extract
- For More Information About Whole Herbs Vs. Extracts, Click Here
Daily Serving: 1 capsule
Serving Size: 1 capsule
- Boswellia serrata Gum Extract (450 mg)
- Maintaining joint health
- Natural derivative
- Improves mobility
- Reduces pain
- Slows cartilage damage
- Only addresses a small component of joint health, repair and regeneration
Commonly referred to as Indian Frankincense, Boswellia serrata extract is a derivative of gum resin extracted from the bark of the Boswellia tree that is found in India. The Boswellia reviews tout the extract’s anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects, and the potential it has to prevent further cartilage loss makes it an exciting ingredient for people suffering from either osteoporosis or rheumatoid arthritis.
Indeed, research into treating osteoarthritis has shown that patients who were given 333 mg of Boswellia extract presented reduced knee pain, improved mobility, and reduced cartilage damage. Some research has even suggested that Boswellia serrata has anti-cancer potential.
The benefits of taking Boswellia serrata are impressive, but because it is just one ingredient, it cannot offer the full joint repair and regenerative capabilities that Joint Regen and other joint supplements have to offer for those suffering from joint pain. TheBoswellia serrata supplement is a good addition to a joint repair regiment, but it should not be relied upon as the only source for joint recovery and regeneration.
Natural Factors Celadrin Joint Health
- WHAT IS CELADRIN?: Celadrin, ?a cellular lubricant?, acts as an anti-inflammatory and contains a proprietary blend of esterified oils.
- FOR ACHES AND PAINS: Celadrin has been shown to help promote flexibility and mobility, and can promote healthy joint function.
- LOCAL, ORGANIC, AND NON-GMO: Because Natural Factors Farms are certified organic, we don't pollute the earth with pesticides and chemical fertilizers. We grow true species non-hybridized, non-GMO seeds, including many open-pollinated varieties. Growing locally also helps reduce the carbon emissions from overseas transportation, and keep jobs in the community.
- JUST THE RIGHT SIZE: We believe we need to be big enough to do it right. We are one of the only nutritional companies to have our own organic farms, our own extraction, encapsulation, and production facilities, our own labs and research facilities. We are also one of the few branded manufacturers of nutraceuticals in North America to have our own softgel encapsulation facility.
- WHERE GREAT HEALTH BEGINS: Today, Natural Factors is one of the largest manufacturers of nutritional products in North America. But our origins reach back to the 1950s, and right from day one, we've always been fully committed to making products right. We are not a public company with shareholders to impress. Instead, we care about impressing you.
Daily Serving: 3 softgels / day
Serving Size: 3 softgels
- Celadrin (proprietary blend of cetyl myristoleate, cetyl myristate, cetyl palmitoleate, cetyl laurate, cetyl oleate; 1050 mg)
- Joint lubrication
- Increases flexibility and mobility
- Boosts immune function
- Promotes joint health and function
- Formula based on naturally occurring fatty acids
- Local, organic, and non-GMO
- Singular approach to joint health
All the ingredients contained in the Natural Factors Celadrin proprietary formula are part of a group of naturally occurring fatty acids. The main fatty acid, cetyl myristoleate (CMO) is a synthetic form of Myristoleic acid, which has drawn the interest of researchers because the fatty acid present in some species of mice prevents them from being inflicted with arthritis. Cetylated fatty acids are often present in topical creams for treating osteoarthritis. In the Natural Factors formula, the benefits are ingested in pill form.
The benefits of CMO as a cutting-edge compound are certainly impressive. But like with the Boswellia extract, for comprehensive joint repair and regeneration, other ingredients should be taken with the supplement. Joint Regen contains CMO along with many other joint repairing and pain reducing ingredients, which is why it is recommended over the Natural Factors Celadrin supplements.
Conclusion–The Nine Best Supplements for Knee Pain
A comparison of the various joint supplements shows that out of all the products currently available for treating various forms of joint pain, Joint Regen has the most comprehensive joint repairing and regenerating ingredients, plus numerous ingredients it contains for anti-inflammatory and pain reducing purposes. While the supplement does not necessarily offer instantaneous pain relief, it is formulated to repair the joints and provide long-term pain-relieving solutions. Overall, Joint Regen is one of the best joint supplements for knees, hips, shoulders, and other problem areas.