Knee Brace Reviews
|Magnetic Compression Knee Brace - For-Knees Support Sleeve - Natural Soft Yet Thick Cotton...||243 Reviews||$18.95||Buy on Amazon|
|UltraComfy – A pair of Knee Compression Sleeves for Athletes Powerlifting Crossfit Running Knee...||136 Reviews||from $45.90||Buy on Amazon|
|Knee Sleeves (1 Pair) Support & Compression for Weightlifting, Powerlifting & CrossFit - 7mm...||2143 Reviews||$39.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Knee Brace Support Sleeve For Arthritis, ACL, Running, Basketball, Meniscus Tear, Sports,...||2385 Reviews||$29.97||Buy on Amazon|
|Shock Doctor Ultra Knee Supporter with Bilateral Hinges (Black, Medium)- Single||1438 Reviews||$48.38||Buy on Amazon|
|McDavid 6446 Extended Compression Leg Sleeve with HexPad Protective Pad, White, Large - One pair||1745 Reviews||$24.97||Buy on Amazon|
|Bauerfeind GenuTrain Knee Support - breathable knit compression knee brace to relieve pain and...||745 Reviews||from $61.25||Buy on Amazon|
But first, let’s have a look at why people would use one in the first place.
A little background:
Speaking personally, I have been physically active for most of my life, but have also been sedentary, having office jobs where I’d be sitting at a desk a lot. My main physical activities have been running, yoga, meditation crosslegged, and more recently, weight training. I was on a long distance bus trip in 1984, and was pretty stiff apparently, because the bus lurched, I felt a nasty twinge, and my knee started swelling up, was pretty painful. Turned out, the meniscus had torn and flipped over, creating serious imbalance in the joint. I got arthroscopic surgery, where the surgeon uses a tiny camera and remote scalpel. He cut off the 1/4 that split, leaving me with at least some meniscus, which is the ‘little pillow’, semi soft tissue that acts like a shock absorber. There is additional semi soft tissue called cartilage, which covers the bones. That adds some additional protection, and allows the bones in the joint to slide over each other. Otherwise, movement is painful and joints are stiff. Stress and age over time cause both cartilage and meniscus to wear out. In 2014, I tore the meniscus again, got more cut out, and the cartilage is pretty much worn away. I got a second operation. The photos you see below are from that surgery.
A Bad Luck Knee?
Then, in December 2016, I was riding my bike and somebody turning on my street as I was crossing the intersection rode right into the same knee! They took me to the hospital, nothing broken but I was hobbling around on crutches. Interestingly, an orthopedist who examined me said he thought it was a strained ACL, the ligament that is inside the knee. A physical therapist, though, said it was just severe muscle sprain. Whatever. I was darn lucky. My knee is often sore, but fortunately, I can still do most of the things I like to do, though I avoid high impact activities like running and jumping.
Ligaments and Tendons
In addition, there are other tissues, such as ACL and MCL ligaments and tendons, which connect the bones to each other, and along with muscle result in our moving all of our limbs, fingers, feet and so on. They can all break down or simply break.
Purposes for Using These Devices
So the first purpose of knee braces, sleeves, supports, and so on is to protect the knees from stress, that is, prevention of wear and tear. The second main purpose is to deal with soreness or pain. This can be the result of either short term minor injury, such as sprains, strains, or overuse. Or it can be the result of long term wear and tear. The classic image is the race horse, who is lame and put out to pasture. All those years of running and training wore out the ‘old grey mare’, so to speak.
The third reason why you may be reading this is because you got injured, and are looking for solutions to the problem. However, serious illness or injury are beyond the scope of this article. Consultation with a medical professional–in fact more than one, such as a orthopedist, physical therapist, chiropractor or alternative medical practitioner is advisable. The knee devices we will cover here are for general use. Please do not consider them to be ‘medical devices’, and no medical advise is intended here.
Knee Brace Benefits
But first, a bit of context
In the ‘old days’, if you had a knee problem, you’d get a long roll of elastic bandage and wrap it around you knee. Recently though, with the introduction of modern materials and research, there are literally thousands of knee braces available, many of them quite good. A recent check of a search for ‘knee braces’ at the Amazon USA site, showed 79 THOUSAND knee braces to choose from. So this review is my ‘humble effort’ to shed some light on this topic, which you the reader can see I have a personal stake in. After all, I have a knee condition. We are going to look at 7 knee braces. Choose any one of them and you won’t go wrong. The first 4 are for general use and are used by people who exercise. They also are useful for people with moderate knee discomfort, for the reasons stated above. The last three are more expensive and, perhaps more suitable for more serious situations. For the details, read on.
Detailed Knee Brace Reviews
- COMFORT FIT FOR OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE: For-Knees compression knee brace. Made with breathable cotton, latex yarn and tourmaline fiber, our knee support sleeves offer great support for men and women
- MAGNETIC THERAPY: 13 1200 Gauss supermagnets stimulate circulation to draw iron rich blood cells deep into affected muscles and tissue, encourage pain relief and stimulate healing of sore joints &...
- TOURMALINE ENHANCED WITH NANOTECHNOLOGY: This new technology stores your body heat, reflects back as far infrared warmth to relief arthritis,reduce muscle pain and spasm, counteract joint stiffness...
- IDEAL AID FOR OUTDOOR OR SPORTING ACTIVITIES: The For-Knees compression brace is perfect for anyone looking to diminish joint & muscle pain experienced during such activities as; Jogging, Tennis,...
- NOTE: If you are severely overweight, or have severe pain, see a doctor. These knee braces are NOT designed to cure obesity, fractures or other significant injury
The knees are an incredibly important joint. They support the bulk of the body’s weight in a very small area. When they have a problem, thoughtful weight-distribution techniques can help avoid further injury or inflammation. Injuries and general strain are not the only ailments that can mess with the knee joint; inherited health conditions can also cause issues. For-Knees has produced a knee brace with an innovative design that uses state of the art technology that can help relieve discomfort and pain that stem from injury, normal wear and tear, as well as basic protection during exercise, or simply for those who stand on their feet all day. The For-Knees brace has been a high-ranking customer favorite for many reasons. Many medical aid products have been skyrocketing in price, making it difficult for people to find an effective brace within their price range. This brace, however, stays within the cheaper realm. It dips as low as about $20 depending on which variation is purchased. Other reasons this brace has been popular amongst an array of customers are:
- Two color variations– grey/white or black/white weaves
- Two size variations—Small, and Medium/Large
Although these are useful benefits of the brace, the power of its true technology goes a bit deeper in its advanced framework. The creators of this product input immense efforts into creating something that could help a multitude of problems rather than just one. Their research eventually led them to the use of Tourmaline fiber in their products. Tourmaline Fiber Benefits Tourmaline is a semi-precious mineral, which jewelers originally used for making jewelry. A modern chemical process, helps it to absorb body heat and reflect it back. This process allows natural body heat to become Far Infrared warmth. This natural warmth helps to relieve joint pain, reduce arthritic pain, muscle pain and even counteract stiffness and spasms. In some cases, it has even been successful in counteracting Raynaud’s Syndrome which is a painful disease that affects the arteries. Using the body’s resources efficiently is a great weapon to combatting pain. A Variety of Fibers Meet Different NeedsThe Tourmaline fiber is not the only material used in this brace either. This brace uses intelligently chosen materials that all help to reduce pain and discomfort for the user. For maximum breathability, cotton yarn is also used for most of the brace’s structure. Further, latex yarn increases its flexibility, stretch capability and compression. This ensures a better range of motion for the wearer. Many knee braces have a stiffer composition, which can lead to further damage depending on the injury.
A key part of this pain-relieving and knee supporting knee brace that helps it maintain its high ratings and reviews is their inclusion of strong magnets. They are woven into each of the knee sleeves and are strategically placed for the most effective results. These 13 “Supermagnets” were developed in 1984, and have found many uses, because they are much stronger in relation to their size and weight than normal magnets. Composed of neodymium, iron, and boron, they rate around 1,000-1,200 Gauss, or up to 0.12 Tesla. This is a unique technique for knee orthosis products and not used in most other knee braces variations. Pros and Cons Many people are left wondering what knee sleeves do and if they will really help during their search for comfort. It is always best to talk to a doctor, but the For-Knees Knee Sleeve has left an impressive trail of pleased customers behind. Pros
- This brand provides both support and compression. This is not an aspect seen in some other knee braces and sleeves, as they focus on being one or the other.
- Unlike the other brands featured here, For-Knees uses cotton and latex, which are natural ingredients as the basis of its unique woven material.
- Breathable material improves hygiene and general comfort, especially for users that are in motion and on the go.
- The brace has a clearly marked kneecap area so that the user can best place it. Many braces are a solid color, which can lead to misplacement, leading to further injury.
- Material is reinforced from top to bottom to help support the comfortable fit.
- Tourmaline fiber inclusion does not take away from comfort but rather aids it.
- The inclusion of the special magnets promotes and support healthy circulation for the user.
- It has a thick and tight weave, which helps assist in the Tourmaline fiber’s ability to create Far Infrared warmth. This increases its therapeutic ability.
- The therapeutic heat is not recommended for all injuries. It can be considered too warm for some users. It is important to keep in mind that consulting a doctor is always the first step to choosing the correct orthosis aid.
- The magnets may cause problems for people who use pacemakers, insulin pumps, have metal implants in their knees, or for women who are pregnant. These groups should not use them.
- They come in two sizes, which fit most people. However, those who are quite overweight or have severe swelling may find them too tight. Those with very thin legs may find them too loose.
The Verdict For people looking for a more natural fiber, rather than the synthetic feel of most other knee sleeves, braces and supports sold nowadays, For-Knees is a great choice. This product is truly ideal for those who either want to protect their knees from injury, who have sore knees due to overuse or wear and tear, especially for those over age 45, who are athletes or who suffer from knee pain due to minor injuries, and need a boost for healing. Whether it be hiking, walking, jogging, other physical activities such as tennis, golf, basketball, or even indoor activities like yoga, protecting the knees is a worthy investment. So For-Knees acts both as protection as well as treatment for minor injuries or age related conditions, such as arthritis. Many individuals that have recently undergone surgery or other invasive knee procedures may require a brace like this to improve the healing process. It can be helpful in physical therapy and just going through the motions of learning to rotate the joint again. If this product seems like a viable option, measurements are taken around the circumference of the knee from the middle. Don’t overlook this because the product works best when it fits correctly. Measure the knee around the knee cap. Size Small is for those with knees 11”-13” around. Medium/Large fits knees 13”-17” around. Overall this product has earned its rating and each good customer review. In the age of lazily created products, the For-Knees Brace with magnetic support, far infrared warmth and compression rise above them.
Ultra Flex Athletics Knee Compression Sleeve Support
- Sports: Suitable for all sports activities that involve a great amount of stress on the joints like: Running, basketball, soccer
- Pain relief: Aid in recovery, runners & jumpers knee, arthritis, tendonitis
- Anti-slip silicone: Stable compression during gym time, squats, weightlifting, yoga, fitness
- Choose the best knee brace & support suitable for women, men and kids
Defining needs is the most important part of choosing something for knee support. Injuring the ACL is a common injury for athletes. The Ultra Flex Athletics Knee Compression Sleeve Support is a recommended sleeve to those who are handling issues surrounding their ACL. However, the Ultra Flex can assist with many other issues. It is a helpful aid for those who need extra support during physical activities. If activities such as tennis, cycling, football, soccer, skiing, volleyball or golf are a passion, hobby or common occurrence, this may be a good aid during playtime.
This sleeve is recommended for people that are also handling swelling, inflammation, stiffness, and soreness. It has been noted to be helpful for jumper’s knee, runner recovery, tendonitis and general muscle recovery. The inclusion of anti-slip silicon makes it perfect for providing an incredibly stable compression environment for daily activities, physical therapy, and even gym activities. This can be an important aspect if the concern of the loss of focus on fitness during healing arises. It is also useful for those who want to protect and preserve joints during more high impact activities such as strength training.
Pros and Cons
This product has been top rated by many customers, but for a wider range of attributes than expected. Reviews can be most telling in which functions are the best and which can be somewhat problematic. Of course, like always, it is best to define specific needs and measure properly. Since this sleeve stretches past the knee both ways, it is crucial to get the right dimensions before settling on an option.
- The Ultra Flex Knee Sleeve is under $20 as well making it a budget friendly choice.
- Comes in a variety of sizes to ensure the best fit.
- This sleeve comes in an array of colors, which makes it perfect for athletes to match up with their teams and favorite sports gear.
- The double anti-slip silicon helps create an efficient grip so that no activity can knock it down.
- Combines 3D technology with quality materials to create a product that provides support and pain relief.
- Lightweight and is made of a blend of Lycra and Nylon, which makes it perfect for 24-hour comfort.
- Provides preventative care if the user is searching for light physical assistance.
- This sleeve provides moderate support, so it is not recommended for people that require assistance for heavier activity such as intense weight lifting.
- The unique shape of the Ultra Flex can make it difficult for people healing from more severe knee surgery, it is important to consult a doctor and measure properly before choosing this type of support.
The Ultra Flex sleeve’s design is eye catching, which is one of the first things that catch potential customer’s eyes. However, deeper than the appearance is its capability to provide useful moderate support for healing or general movement assistance. It has generated a high customer rating for people affected by running injuries but also from those on a lighter budget.
Nordic Lifting Knee Sleeves Support & Compression for Weightlifting
- Knee sleeves taking your performance to the next level premium weightlifting brand Nordic lifting
- Provides the best support for both men and women please check listing images for sizing chart
- Compression is proven to promote muscle recovery and injury prevention
- Perfect for weight lifting, cross training, powerlifting, gym and other heavy fitness workouts
Sometimes the softer materials are not the best script for knee support. For those who are more active and commonly engage in high-impact activities, a more supporting device is needed. The Nordic Lifting Knee Sleeves were crafted specifically for CrossFit, weightlifting and other heavy performance activities. The sleeve is designed for both men and women, and come with a sleek black, white and gray. This brand is more expensive, but has been reported and reviewed as a quality product. This knee support works hard to help weaker joints function more confidently. Injuries are an expected part of physical activity and high-intensity workouts, with this support, if an injury does occur, the healing process is sped up significantly. This is due to the composition of the Nordic Sleeve Support’s compression techniques. Its tight and scaffold-like structure helps to relieve stiff joints and muscles through the retention of heat. This helps to further reduce the risk of complications.
Pros and ConsThe Nordic Lifting Knee Support has maintained popularity with customers. One of which is its ability to sustain support throughout high impact work, but there are much more.
- These sleeves are created with premium materials for durability.
- They are composed of 7-millimeter Neoprene and reinforced stitching for support.
- An ergonomic design creates a perfect fit which maximizes performance during play.
- It comes in a wide range of sizing to cover many shapes and sizes.
- It is designed to maximize all kinds of physical performance.
- This device is great for rehabilitative work as well as preventative and supportive measures to help reduce future possible issues.
- These sleeves help users remain active during healing to avoid static muscle pain. This is proven to be crucial to encourage proper healing.
- This is a heavy-duty support system for people that engage in high impact activities, thus the grade of thickness has been reviewed as uncomfortable if not purchased for the right reasons.
- The price is higher, which does not make it easy on the budget. However, it can be well worth the investment.
Verdict The Nordic Lifting Knee Sleeves a great option for those who participate in weightlifting or any CrossFit workouts. However, it is not for everyone. This material is thick and may not be comfortable for people that do not need this level of support. Always consult a professional when deciding on rehabilitation options. The price though fetches a pair instead of just a single brace. This product sets a precedence for what knee sleeves do. It was created with premium materials and reviewed by many to be an incredible tool for performance improvement or maximizing healing benefits.
Winzone Knee Brace Support Sleeve
- LOVE YOUR KNEE BRACE OR WE'LL SEND YOUR MONEY RIGHT BACK -Imagine being able to run, play sports, or keep up with your kids again without the pain and instability. Super easy to use, stays on tight....
- DON'T BUY A KNEE BRACE ANYWHERE ELSE BEFORE READING THIS --> Please note: other knee support braces don't provide the level of support, are very stiff & uncomfortable, & won't last as long as ours....
- SUPER COMFORTABLE, KEEPS YOUR KNEE SUPPORTED W/O RESTRICTING MOVEMENT. NOTHING COMPARES! -Don't price shop, you get what you pay for. Our meniscus & acl brace has dual side stabilizers for max...
- WANT YOUR KNEE PROTECTED TO GET YOUR LIFE BACK W/O SPENDING A FORTUNE ON OVERRATED BRACES? -Ready to be you again, w/o the pain? For what you'd spend on an evening out, relieve your pain & protect...
An Open Patella Wrap
Unlike other more closed pain-relieving knee braces, the Winzone Knee Brace Support Sleeve is an open Patella wrap that helps to protect the area but offer a specific range of motion. It is a less bulky solution to knee support and is beneficial in many ways. It has earned a high rating amongst customers and has left a long list of positive testimonies behind. Athletes are known to suffer a high amount of knee injuries because their cartilage is worn down after heavy activity with no extra support. Joints are more fragile than many people think, but with the right care and attention, they can last and function for an entire lifetime. This product promises that users will love their joints before long and it seems to be maintaining that reputation.
Super durable materials
It was designed with super durable materials to ensure the perfect match for both active bodies and those who suffer from arthritic pain. Although the ForKnees Knee support is one of the best new products on the market, the Winzone Knee Brace Support Sleeve may meet all the right needs.
Pros and Cons
These sleeve and brace supports are so popular that they are often out of stock. They have successfully secured a quality reputation for themselves as a pain-relieving knee brace that makes it easier to get back into physical activities.
- This device was designed to minimize pain provide as much support as possible.
- It specifically targets to those who deal with meniscus or ACL issues and designed with long hour wear and tear in mind.
- The whole device is only composed of quality materials to ensure durability.
- The 100% Neoprene material is part of its success as it does not allow slipping, restricting or overheating. This material also facilitates a perfect fit.
- It moves fluidly rather than stiffly. This allows better motion range during healing and physical activity.
- It is a lighter knee brace in weight, which makes it better for frequent motion.
- The product is machine washable.
- This product is more basic and does not come with important modification such as For-Knee’s Tourmaline Fiber or magnets.
- This product does not breathe as well as other materials.
This product is under $10, another reason it has earned such a high rating amongst customers. This company understands that keeping up with kids, the team or just the general strains of life, is hard enough without exorbitant prices and intolerable pain. Winzone’s Knee Brace Support Sleeve is a quality way to reduce pain, help heal meniscus and ACL issues, and find just a bit more extra support when the body is in need.
Upper Grade Products
- •To choose the correct size, measure the circumference of your knee 2in/ 5cm below the center of your knee cap (patella). Refer to the how to measure video. If your measurements are at the top of...
- •BEST FOR: Moderate support for minor to moderate sprains, strains and instabilities during active recovery. FITS LETT AND RIGHT KNEE.LATEX- FREE.4-way stretch Lycra mesh at back of knee.
- •PREVENTION- Helps prevent and heal medial/lateral instability, minor patella instability, meniscus injuries, minor ligament sprains
- •COMFORTABLE- Four-way stretch Lycra mesh at back of knee and premium stitching assemble and patella support for long lasting comfort. EASY GRIP- Convenient finger tabs offer easy grip pull when...
- •SUPPORT- Pre-curved anatomical design and Integrated FLEXIBLE side stabilizer stays
The following three products are well known brand names, with higher prices. They address more serious situations than the first 4 products reviewed. So keep that in mind as you read these following reviews.
This knee support is a more serious variation of the available orthosis. The Shock Doctor Ultra Knee Support is a more expensive option, but it makes up for the cost in performance. Just on the first glance of its structure, users can tell it really means business. It has bilateral hinges and a strong fabric builds to ensure both a comfortable range of motion and strong support.
- ACL or PCL injuries
- Lateral and medial instability
- Patella issues
- Ligament sprains
- Other meniscus injuries
Pros and Cons
Even though its appearance comes may come off as stiff or immovable, it rates to be a very comfortable fit. Since you’d normally use it post injury, keeping movement in line is crucial to recovery. But there is much more to note about this product.
- The curve of this support intentionally matches the body’s anatomical shape so that it can fit perfectly.
- The use of the bilateral hinges helps to increase performance as well as stability. The hinges use tempered aluminum that also assists in stability.
- It works in a way to improve proprioception or bio-neurological stress awareness.
- The X-Fit strap system adds increased stability and pressure.
- The Hypalon sleeves and four-way Lycra mesh backing helps support the back of the knee and thus, the whole design. There is also vented Neoprene for ultimate breathing.
- Patella support is improved using Lycra as well which ensures lasting comfort.
- Front face stitching creates a cool look, that’s also long lasting and provides an interesting aesthetic.
- Easy to grab finger tabs for easier grip. The tabs are important for adjustment and removal since compression knee sleeves are supposed to fit snuggly.
- This is a pricier knee orthosis. This support blends brace technology and compression relief. It is meant for more serious conditions, less so for use in sports.
Since perfect fit is crucial to a proper healing process of achieving usable support, this brand offers a large array of sizes, which gives it a head over a few of the variations we have explored. This brand does come off as too strong in some cases, but for many injuries, a high level of support is crucial to really get the job done. For weight lifters that are later in healing and are moving towards getting back in the game, this is a perfect option. The path to success is a perfect blend of alignment, support, and compression. The Shock Doctor was developed with these factors in mind. By promoting proper blood flow and therapeutic warmth, it has easily gained a well-known reputation.
McDavid Extended Compression Leg Sleeve with HexPad Protective Pad
- Our products will provide in protecting and helping reduce the incidence of injury
- Supports your return to activity and enhance performance
- Made using the highest quality and most innovative technology and materials
- Leg sleeves featuring 9mm HEX Technology is a favorite among pro and collegiate players
- Extended length for better fit as well as added protection against cuts and scratches
The McDavid Hex Padded Compression Sleeve has made waves as an incredibly comfortable variation of orthotic devices for knees. Instead of confining the support to the knee only, this sleeve extends up and down, providing a wider surface area of support. It is most popular among collegiate and pro athletes. Plus, it comes in a wide array of colors including white, red, and blue, purple, pink and black, and a wide variation of size for best fit.
The McDavid Hex Padded Compression Sleeve is for athletes and movement though. There are only a few knee supports that are actually machine wash safe.
This brand uses materials which are machine washable and dryer safe. McDavis’s Hex Padded compression sleeve also moisture management technology woven in to help keep skin dry and cool. Besides wicking moisture away from the skin rather than just repelling it, the knee brace fits close and comfortable to the body, which is ideal for athletes and others who engage in a more intense physical activity. It’s a bit higher in the price range, leaving For-Knees a preferred purchase but this sleeve does have a few more benefits for those who meet its specific needs.
Pros and Cons
It has gained popularity as an athlete favorite because of several attributes. Many of the reviews state how useful the design is during gameplay as well as the spread of protection.
- The extended sleeve length is perfect for protecting injured areas from further scratches or cuts as well as generally protect that sector of skin.
- The hex pad is the centerpiece of the sleeve as it protects the kneecap as well during play or activity. It helps to reduce the risk of new injuries or further injury and enhances performance through design.
- This product sits in the midrange of pricing, which makes it an easier budget friendly choice.
- It has an extended range of allowable motion for athletes.
- This sleeve is specifically a sleeve so it does not offer intense support for high impact activities such as weight lifting or properly protecting sprains.
- Sleeves extend very far past the knee area meaning that measurements are even more crucial than before. A few customers have noted ill-fitting sleeves due to size miscommunications.
This sleeve does package as a single but many customers noted how well this product works in pairs. Lots of customers engage in sports such as soccer, basketball, tennis and other intense sports that may require some time on the knees. It has proven to be useful and helpful in a few of those motions. Many athletes consider their body their career. This can be concerning in the face of an injury, however using them both has been a recommended cure. Protecting possible future injuries is really an investment to ensure a bright future. This product goes for a good price which makes it a viable option when shopping around.
Bauerfeind GenuTrain Knee Support
- GenuTrain delivers gradient, medical-grade compression to promote circulation and reduce pain, swelling and muscle fatigue.
- Bauerfeind's knitted fabric is soft, breathable and moisture-wicking. Bauerfeind's Perfect Fit sizing system goes beyond small, medium and large for a comfortable fit that stays in place all day.
- Incorporated viscoelastic Omega pad surrounds the kneecap (patella) to relieve pain and pressure while gel nubs provide intermittent massage to common pain spots at the base of the joint.
- Used to treat and prevent: Knee pain, strain, tendinitis, swelling and edema, jumpers' knee, runners' knee, feelings of instability, lateral meniscus tear, mild osteoarthritis, and Osgood-Schlatters...
- Made in Germany with the highest manufacturing standards to ensure superior quality.
The Bauerfeind GenuTrain Knee Support is one of the most expensive so far. It can range over $250 depending on size and variation. Although this price is very surprising, there are many reasons as to why it is so high. Taking care of the body’s knees is an act of self-love for a long, healthy and comfortable life.
Like the other featured braces, this brand emphasizes the importance of fit for efficiency. It has a friendly design that helps the wearer place the support right. The Bauerfeind GenuTrain Support is suggested for treatment of sprains, strains, instability, joint issues, degenerative joint disease, osteoarthritis, adolescent knee pain, post arthroscopy issues and in general, recurring knee pain.
Pros and Cons
This product is created from a blend of several materials to achieve the best results. Stemming from intense research, there are many more reasons as to why this product has such great reviews.
- This knee support blends Silicon Omega pads for a pressure free Patella and intermittent soft joint compression to help support the knee.
- Comes in three different colors to best match with and comes in sizes zero through seven.
- The design removes pressure from the kneecap so that it does not have to undergo any unnecessary stress during walking and other movements.
- The intermittent compression on softer tissue areas is proven to help aid the resorption of edema and swelling.
- Design is composed of a three-dimensional pattern of knitting that covers the whole kneecap and extends about 4 inches down and 6 inches up.
- The materials are lightweight, breathable, comfortable and Machine wash compatible.
- The Silicon knee piece provides massages as the wearer moves.
- This product is one of the most expensive options.
- This is a support system meant for people that require more attentive assistance to certain areas, this is not good for yoga or other lighter activities.
The compression techniques in this knee orthosis are notable and appear in many customer reviews. Their inclusion of medical grade level compression is important. Sometimes, compression knee sleeves are too weak to do any good or, in contrast, are so strong it leads to more stress. With medical grade compression, there are more successes. This helps to promote proprioception, body awareness, and relieve pain.
The Bauerfeind GenuTrain Support also comes in five varying levels of support. Each level of support offers more benefits and a stronger structure. At the maximum level, the GenuTrain S can assist with dislocations; grade one or two MCL/LCL injuries, Patella Femoral Syndrome and even moderate to severe Osteoarthritis. Meniscus injuries are another condition which sleeve support such as abilities like strains, instability and runner’s knee. ForKnees Knee Support is an amazing product for the given price.
Products like the GenuTrain Support have more of an impact on the wallet but does offer so many unique benefits for performance and healing.
These 7 knee braces are all available on Amazon, and are all viable products. Each has its advantages and disadvantages. If you read the reviews carefully, you can probably decide which knee brace or sleeve is best for you.
Be sure to read other articles on this site, since several other ways to treat your knees are discussed, from simple things like losing weight if you are overweight, to finding ways to support your joints with the right kinds of food, to use of electrical devices or home exercises, yoga, use of gym equipment. And then there are both traditional medical approaches to dealing with knee pain, as well as experimental, oriental medical treatments.
The purpose of this blog is to alert people to many approaches, which may be overlooked by mainstream sources. Before deciding to cut back on your activities or go deep into debt for treatments, use the free information available here, and if you like, please support this site by going to visit the products suggested here.